Inspire to dream
Posted by Ahmad Fakhrurrazi Yahaya on January 17, 2012
I just finished my first semester exam for master degree yesterday, 16 January, third Monday of this year. Now, it’s time to study the no-exam-subject, and the subject is on my choose (o yeah!). I think this is my first topic. Since there’s no written examination, I write them down here.
Maybe few of us know, the day I my finished my exam is a public holiday in United States.
1. Every year, third Monday of January is declared as Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in the United States.
2. On 28 August 1963, Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered a historical, rhetorical and inspirational 17-minute ‘I have a dream’ speech at Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C.
3. The speech was delivered during the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom.
4. During the march, crowd of 300,000 participants sang a song named, ‘We shall overcome’.
5. The song was re-sing in the ‘My Name is Khan’ movie.
6. The day, the speech, the march, the song and the movie… are among things that signify the dreams of the people.
And more importantly, they inspire us to dream!